Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 29, 2008, 02:11 AM   #1
SKANLEZ
macrumors member

Oh no, I phone locked. What do I do?

Hello everyone, I purchased an iphone for my girlfriend. It was unlocked and jailbroken already and had the Installer 3.0. She didn't want to re-type all her contacts so she tried snycing it through iTunes on her lap top (Window's XP).

I really don't know what happened but now the iPhone says "NO SIM card installed, Insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate iPhone"

Can someone guide me to the correct information to get this iPhone up and running again. I greatly appreciate it. Thank's guys!
SKANLEZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 02:35 AM   #2
macbookhamburg
macrumors regular

youŽll probably have tp waita week or so then just restore it from itunes to 1.1.4 and unlock, activate and jailbreak it with ziphone.
if you can somehow restore to 1.1.3 do that and use the current ziphone or ijailbreak for mac
macbookhamburg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 02:43 AM   #3
spinstorm
macrumors 65816

obviously she updated it as you didn't tell her not to!
spinstorm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 03:08 AM   #4
SKANLEZ
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinstorm View Post
obviously she updated it as you didn't tell her not to!

Dammit, I should have been smarter then this. I feel so stupid, just spent another $350 to buy the iPhone and now it can't be used because we have Tmobile.

I tried running AppTappInstaller and read through the directions. Started up iTunes and now it gives me an option to upgrade or to restore to factory settings. Now this phone is about 6 months old. Should I click on the "restore to factory settings?

The phone now is stuck with an icon of a plug and an arrow pointing towards a CD icon. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

Anything I can do at this point guys? I've been trying to figure this out for the past 2 hours and I think I'm going to try tomorrow when I get off work.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 03:30 AM   #5
munroe
macrumors regular

You can try to downgrade by restorning the iPhone with an earlier version of the firmware. You're phone may be old enough that you can also downgrade the baseband - which you may need to do to unlock it.

Problem is, there aren't any examples of doing this from 1.1.4 yet. You may just have to wait as the previous poster suggests. Keep an eye on ZiPhone. Once it works on 1.1.4 for unlocking it will probably be the easiest option.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:29 AM   #6
SKANLEZ
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by munroe View Post
You can try to downgrade by restorning the iPhone with an earlier version of the firmware. You're phone may be old enough that you can also downgrade the baseband - which you may need to do to unlock it.

Problem is, there aren't any examples of doing this from 1.1.4 yet. You may just have to wait as the previous poster suggests. Keep an eye on ZiPhone. Once it works on 1.1.4 for unlocking it will probably be the easiest option.
Thank you, so your saying what she did was update the version to 1.1.4? There is no way I can see that because its stuck on that screen that i mentioned above. Do you think at this point it will be okay to do the "restore to factory settings"? Because I cannot even use it as an iPod, basically can't use the phone at all? Thanks again for your help.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:54 AM   #7
SKANLEZ
macrumors member

I took a picture of where the iPhone is stuck on

Old Feb 29, 2008, 11:10 AM   #8
macbookhamburg
macrumors regular

ziphoneblog says heŽs testing it and it worked on 1.1.4 and it will be realesed realy soon.... (read something about a few hours)
so you might not even have to wait that long ... !
macbookhamburg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 11:14 AM   #9
SKANLEZ
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbookhamburg View Post
ziphoneblog says heŽs testing it and it worked on 1.1.4 and it will be realesed realy soon.... (read something about a few hours)
so you might not even have to wait that long ... !

Okay thank you, so for now I should not CLICK on the RESTORE on iTunes just yet?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 01:05 PM   #10
SKANLEZ
macrumors member

So it looks like Ziphone 2.5 has just been released. Is this the solution to my problem?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 01:36 PM   #11
McGiord
macrumors 68040

Check here for instructions:
www.hackthatphone.com

Also google around there is a way to add/extract the contacts from the SIM if that's your case.

I don't have T-Mobile so those are my 2 cents to help.
________
De Luxe Ford picture

Last edited by McGiord; Jan 30, 2011 at 04:29 AM.
McGiord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 02:11 PM   #12
SKANLEZ
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGiord View Post
www.hackthatphone.com

Also google around there is a way to add/extract the contacts from the SIM if that's your case.

Thank you sir.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:02 PM   #13
SKANLEZ
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGiord View Post
www.hackthatphone.com

So I found out that my phone is still in version 1.1.3 because I typed in that code in the emergency call and saw that it was still 1.1.3.

Now what do I do? Just a quick note, I do not have an att sim card only my tmobile sim card. Just wanted to add that in. Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2008, 05:44 AM   #14
SKANLEZ
macrumors member

ZiPhone the iPhone with the 2.5 version and it works now. Yay, thanks guys!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks