Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbg232

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Moderators can we have two stickies:

XP vs. Vista

Parallels vs. Fusion vs. Bootcamp

And if being really courageous we could add:
Windows 32 bit vs. Windows 64 bit - Post Questions Here

These first two topics seem to take up the entire forum at times and it would be nice to have one place for answers to these very common questions. We could even add a poll to each of them.

Thanks.

jbg232

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
I was thinking originally to have the mods create two new forums so that we can consolidate everything, add some polls, and there wouldn't be any "author bias." Plus, many people want to know about virtualization vs. bootcamp which is why I suggested including bootcamp in the virtualization discussion.

Maybe what we really need is some new buyer's guides and pray that someone will read them. I don't have time to search for good threads now, but will repost later after searching.

However, I do think they should start off clean so that the first post gives an accurate intention of it's purpose, for example:

"This is the place to post all questions regarding the choice between Fusion vs. Parallels vs. Bootcamp. To understand the differences between these options you should first read the buyer's guide about Virtualization here (this would be a link to buyer's guide), and Bootcamp here (this would be a link to the bootcamp buyer's guide)."

And it would have a poll with options possibly like:

Parallels Only
Parallels with Bootcamp
Fusion Only
Fusion with Bootcamp
Bootcamp Only

This is just a rough outline, but many of the other topics have these kind of stickies and I think it would be helpful.

Neil321

macrumors 68040
I was thinking originally to have the mods create two new forums so that we can consolidate everything, add some polls, and there wouldn't be any "author bias." Plus, many people want to know about virtualization vs. bootcamp which is why I suggested including bootcamp in the virtualization discussion.

Maybe what we really need is some new buyer's guides and pray that someone will read them. I don't have time to search for good threads now, but will repost later after searching.

However, I do think they should start off clean so that the first post gives an accurate intention of it's purpose, for example:

"This is the place to post all questions regarding the choice between Fusion vs. Parallels vs. Bootcamp. To understand the differences between these options you should first read the buyer's guide about Virtualization here (this would be a link to buyer's guide), and Bootcamp here (this would be a link to the bootcamp buyer's guide)."

And it would have a poll with options possibly like:

Parallels Only
Parallels with Bootcamp
Fusion Only
Fusion with Bootcamp
Bootcamp Only

This is just a rough outline, but many of the other topics have these kind of stickies and I think it would be helpful.

Poles have already been done,but if they were done again you would also have to have

Those who have tried BOTH fusion and parallels,but choose fusion

Those who have tried BOTH fusion and parallels,but choose parallels

Thats the only way of sorting out the fusion vs parallels war

Fusion Rocks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.