Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gcliv

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Hey all

I don't know if this was already posted or not. I looked around for a solution to this problem and figured out something on my own, so I thought I would share it just in case someone else still needed it (I've seen a few threads about it).

I own my own domain and pay for the extra service through Yahoo mail. When you setup the Yahoo Mail account from the iPhone, it sends new emails / replies as from your Yahoo account (yahoouser@yahoo.com) rather than user@yourdomain.com.

I tried getting around this by setting up a manual imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com IMAP account, but I couldn't get it connected.

Instead, I setup the Yahoo account but instead of making the user name yahoouser@yahoo.com I made it user@mydomain.com. All my emails and replies come as from my personal domain; nobody is any the wiser that I'm using Yahoo's email system.

Like I said, I hope this isn't a double post. I just noticed there were others with this problem at some point in time so I figured I'd share.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.