Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vitesse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Quebec, Canada
First hi everyone, this is my first post here and my first experience with a apple product(exept the few Ipod I own).

I brought a Apple Airport express a month ago to listen music on my stereo system. I have a Dell inspiron 6000 laptop and a wireless network with a linksys router(with a wpa protection).

After alot of trouble installing the Airport express to make it work with my existing network, it finally worked. But since, once every week, while opening Itunes, a window was telling me that the airport base station wasn't detected so I had to reset the Airport express and redo the setup. I did this a few time for the last weeks but yesterday it stop working. I tried to reset the Airport express, redo the configuration...it didn't work and after that my computer wasn't able to detect my wireless network so I had to reset everything.

I tought this product would be easy and friendly to use, but since my purchase, it give me nothing but trouble. Is there a cure to my problem?

BTW sorry for my bad english, I currently speak french...

vitesse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Quebec, Canada
If I run a ethernet cable from my router to te Airport express, would that solve my problem?(it's not ideal but I want to make this thing work!) BTW, is there a way to contact Apple about my issue? I looked everywhere on Apple website and didn't found a email adress.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.