Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrianLy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Hi

Was about to take the plunge and order a Penryn MacBook Pro from the Apple Store but I looked on Amazon.com and they have a $150 rebate. How long after release do Amazon.com and other stores get stock of new Apple products?

Thanks!

madforrit

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
Berkeley, CA
Good question. I ordered a MBP last night from Amazon (I can wait a few weeks), but the estimated delivery is April 30.

I think that's only because it's a "preorder" and I'm sure they'll get them soon enough and start fulfilling orders. Worst case I anticipate I'll be waiting until mid to late March, depending on how many people ordered in front of me.

That being said, who the heck knows. Maybe I'll be waiting until May when I could stroll into an Apple Store and get one in a few days.

gothamm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
Good question. I ordered a MBP last night from Amazon (I can wait a few weeks), but the estimated delivery is April 30.

I think that's only because it's a "preorder" and I'm sure they'll get them soon enough and start fulfilling orders. Worst case I anticipate I'll be waiting until mid to late March, depending on how many people ordered in front of me.

That being said, who the heck knows. Maybe I'll be waiting until May when I could stroll into an Apple Store and get one in a few days.

april 30? wow...just wow...

your patience is...breathtaking

madforrit

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
Berkeley, CA
april 30? wow...just wow...

your patience is...breathtaking

LOL. If I believed it really will be April 30, you can bet I'll cancel that order!

My experiences with Amazon have always been great - I buy a ton of stuff from them and I really think the 'april 30' date is a placeholder. I'm sure they'll ship pretty soon. If March 10 rolls around and there's no change to their ship date, I'll just cancel and walk into an Apple Store and do edu pricing.

BrianLy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008

Looks like they are no longer pre-order, but marked out of stock. Maybe they had a pre-order limit and have hit that?

skye12

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2006
Austin, Tx
I'm just going to wait for the supply to catch up and will order when
I see them IN STOCK.

Plus it gives me the freedom to continue to look for promos and deals
in the meantime. Especially since I'm seeing benchmarks show no real
speed improvements...maybe I'll find a cheap refurb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.