Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Feb 29, 2008, 05:27 PM   #1
prnoct90
macrumors regular

Reformat iPod without iTunes

I need to reformat my ipod, but it wont show up in itunes. Is there a way to reformat it without itunes? Ive tried everything, including force restart, uninstalling and reinstalling itunes/quicktime, and everything in between!
prnoct90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 05:30 PM   #2
MacDann
macrumors 6502a

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but you can see it from here
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
I need to reformat my ipod, but it wont show up in itunes. Is there a way to reformat it without itunes? Ive tried everything, including force restart, uninstalling and reinstalling itunes/quicktime, and everything in between!
You need to provide more information.

What do you mean by "reformat?" Is it set up for use on a Mac or a PC? Have you tried restoring it? What kind of iPod is it?

I would suggest that you go to Apple's support web site and follow their five step plan....

MacDann
Old Feb 29, 2008, 05:33 PM   #3
prnoct90
macrumors regular

I tired the five steps

When I start it up it shows the apple, but then goes to something that looks like terminal and just runs a bunch of lines of code. Then it reruns the same line over and over and over. When i force restart it still does the same thing, and itunes cant see it?
prnoct90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch