Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prnoct90

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
I need to reformat my ipod, but it wont show up in itunes. Is there a way to reformat it without itunes? Ive tried everything, including force restart, uninstalling and reinstalling itunes/quicktime, and everything in between! :eek:

MacDann

macrumors 6502a
I need to reformat my ipod, but it wont show up in itunes. Is there a way to reformat it without itunes? Ive tried everything, including force restart, uninstalling and reinstalling itunes/quicktime, and everything in between! :eek:

You need to provide more information.

What do you mean by "reformat?" Is it set up for use on a Mac or a PC? Have you tried restoring it? What kind of iPod is it?

I would suggest that you go to Apple's support web site and follow their five step plan....

MacDann

prnoct90

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
I tired the five steps

When I start it up it shows the apple, but then goes to something that looks like terminal and just runs a bunch of lines of code. Then it reruns the same line over and over and over. When i force restart it still does the same thing, and itunes cant see it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.