Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BuzzedHornet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
I made the switch last night. I picked up a MBP 15" base model.

My question is this. I have adobe PS3 for my windows machine and I was told I can easily get Adobe to give me a mac key. I can't seem to find any link at Adobe with instructions to do this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Rob

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
To the best of my knowledge you'll either have to shell out the full cost for the Mac Version, or pay the Upgrade fee. However, it never hurts to contact Adobe and see if they have any sort of special for switchers.

TEG

MacDaddy08

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
I to agree, I have never heard of Adobe giving out a key for Mac just because you allready purchased the windows version. Good news though is that instead of shelling out the $1000+ to get a Mac version. Why not just use bootcamp and load Windows on your Macbook Pro? Then you can use the version you currently have. I use bootcamp for Windows XP and it's just like having a Windows computer as well as a Mac.

If you have a Windows disk, XP or Vista, open your utilitys folder inside the Application folder. You will find bootcamp assistant inside the folder. Double click on that and follow the instructions. You ca then run both Leopard and Windows on the same computer. Just hold down "option" at startup and choose which one to boot into.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.