Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Feb 29, 2008, 07:31 PM   #1
createheritage
macrumors newbie

color problem with Ibook

Hello all,
I have a ibook G4 and need some help. After I got done scanning a bunch of photos my daughter got on-line and played for a while. The computer was fine. Then my 5 year old put in a old computer cd that needs classic as the operating system. The cd didn't work because I don't have it on my computer. Now my computer colors are not correct. I've done everything to change it but it is still off. I am trying to decide if there is a repair problem or a settings problem. I know sometimes when those cd's are put in it asks you to change your color settings. But the cd was even installed yet so I can't imagine he clicked on changing settings. The installer was only present. My colors are on millions and LCD. I don't know if LCD is the correct setting. But the computer is about 3-4 years old so it is possible that something is going wrong with it and the timing just happened to be when he put the cd in it.

I'd love your insight. The screen I am posting on has a black background where it should be white and the text that should be white is black. It seems like a black white setting. My screen saver photo is very faded trying to go white with the dark colors very dark and black. The other colors vary. There are a lot of browns and some other vivid colors. Nothing is as it should be. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
createheritage is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 07:50 PM   #2
createheritage
macrumors newbie

fixed!

Did a google search found someone else with the problem. They said to do a command/option/control/8 and it would fix it. IT DID! Not sure what that was about but VERY PLEASED!
createheritage is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs