Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilnyc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Fellow June 29, 2007 iPhone owners, remember the feeling of having this new thing that made people gawk? Remember feeling like one of the only ones to own one? I Knew the day would come when 'everybody' had an iPhone. I guess it started with the price drops, the hacks and refurbs. Now I see a LOT of iPhone owners. I was at a video shoot where about 5 of 10 people had iPhones. :D

Have you seen more now? Does it seem like everybody has one to you?

aosman

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Apple is taking over the world! (the phone world)

I love every second of it, so you won't hear me complain :D

.adam

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Hardly anybody in the UK has one. The mobile phone market is a more difficult one to crack than the US, we seem less willing to pay through the roof for a phone that, in fairness, most phones on the markets can currently do.

Admittedly the iPhone is a beautiful piece of kit but many UK consumers seem to be of the mindset that if you can pick up an N95 for free, with more inclusive minutes and texts, why pay £265 for an iPhone?

I am currently part of this gang and think that in time Apple will lower the price of the iPhone to tempt people into purchasing. At that point I'll probably bite. My contract expires in about 11 months so I'll wait 'til then (hopefully that'll be when 3G is iPhone standard too).

BOSS10L

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2008
Upstate NY
The only other people I've seen with them were 3 others at the Apple store, and they were there for the iPhone class. :D

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
I row for my school here in the UK

Out of 8 people in my crew (or team, whatever) - 3 have iphones (including myself)!!!!!

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
I joined the ranks two days ago. :)

I know of only four people that have an iPhone, but I haven't seen any in passing. I know they're out there though because when I was at the at&t store I was one of three people there either buying or asking a question about their iPhone.

Regrdless, I say there more the merrier!

Oh, and I absolutely love the keyboard! It was the only thing I was skeptical about, but as I type this it's working beautifully. :)

MacFanBoyIIe

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2008
I was in the UK and Germany in October and was dazzling people with my June 29th iPhone. Now, they have them too.

JRomero

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2006
I'm an iPhone owner, and I tend to get the "You rat bastard! You spent $100 more than me and have a cooler Apple product!" from iPod Touch owners more than anything.

:p

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Fellow June 29, 2007 iPhone owners, remember the feeling of having this new thing that made people gawk? Remember feeling like one of the only ones to own one? I Knew the day would come when 'everybody' had an iPhone. I guess it started with the price drops, the hacks and refurbs. Now I see a LOT of iPhone owners. I was at a video shoot where about 5 of 10 people had iPhones. :D

It's because you live in NY (at least I'm guessing you do from your screen name). I was there a few weeks ago and was surprised at the number of people on the street that had them. Here in KC the numbers are growing, but we're certainly in the minority still. I have a friend at church and a friend at work who both have one, but that's it. I saw a few standing in line at the Apple store on Leopard launch night, but other than that I've not seen very many around here

No one I know has one. In fact ,everyone I know makes fun of mine.

It's called jealousy, my friend.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008

6 billion people on Earth. 4+ million iPhones sold. Umm.......

I only know one person who has one, and I don't really see him so I have never seen one. I did buy an iPhone-compatible mini-to-mini audio cable for my car today to prep for when the 32GB 3G sucker comes out.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
Hardly anybody in the UK has one. The mobile phone market is a more difficult one to crack than the US, we seem less willing to pay through the roof for a phone that, in fairness, most phones on the markets can currently do.

Admittedly the iPhone is a beautiful piece of kit but many UK consumers seem to be of the mindset that if you can pick up an N95 for free, with more inclusive minutes and texts, why pay £265 for an iPhone?

I am currently part of this gang and think that in time Apple will lower the price of the iPhone to tempt people into purchasing. At that point I'll probably bite. My contract expires in about 11 months so I'll wait 'til then (hopefully that'll be when 3G is iPhone standard too).

Don't bank on Apple lowering the price too much - especially for the 8gb iPhone. They've already lowered the prices. If anything, Apple will keep selling at the current prices until they run out of the 8 GB iPhone, sell the 16GB iPhone at $399 then introduce iPhone 2.0 at $599.

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
I don't know anyone that has one. However, everyone I know is generally skint.

I've noticed them becoming a bit more prominent in London. I don't think I saw a single person using one until Christmas.

BongoBanger

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
It's called jealousy, my friend.

No, it's called not paying a ridiculous amount of money for a poorly featured device. Admittedly a device with the best UI ever, but that's not enough for most European folk to part with their cash.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I saw one (obnoxious) person showing his off back in June of last year at an oil change place, and one other person at work has one now. Other than that I haven't seen any.

BongoBanger

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
I know what you mean, I don't know anyone that has one, they tell me at work that I waste my money on silly tech stuff, but they are all older and can barely use a regular cell phone LOL

Wow, patronize much?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.