Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 3, 2008, 02:57 PM   #1
ducks15
macrumors newbie

How can I recover my playlist (file) from my iPhone?

Dear all,

I managed to corrupt my iTunes library files last night, and whilst I've successfully recreated the library I have a problem with my iPhone.

My music collection is over 60GB in size and so I have (or, had) a playlist set up with about 12GB of selected songs which I wanted on my iPhone.

Along with the library crash I also lost the playlist in iTunes.

When I connect my iPhone and stop auto-sync, I can see the playlist but it is greyed out, I dare not switch it to manual mode because I know the iPhone will think it is a different library, so how can I recover a list of what was in the playlist to save me lots of cross-referencing?

I'm not so worried about a resync (thats fairly inevitable), I just want to know what was in the playlist without having to flick through about 3 panes in iTunes to rebuild a roughly 1,200 song playlist.

I'm on a Mac by the way.

Many thanks for your help.
ducks15 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2008, 07:18 AM   #2
gweb
macrumors newbie

I'm also looking to do this. Have you had any luck?

Thanks, G
gweb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod