Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Draddy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2007
like the title says, I just wanted to make sure that unlke the HP iPod's apple fully supports my iPhone as far as support and repair correct?

RUFiO795

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2007
I bought a bunk iPhone at an AT&T store (weird loading times, inability to connect to WiFi), and when I took it back AT&T tried to charge me all kinds or restocking fees. So I said "A pox on you, AT&T" and escalated my sweet buns up to the third floor of the mall and visited my problem upon the Apple store instead (I originally bought the iPhone from AT&T because I wanted to deal with my account switch from Verizon and I was already in the store).

Apple exchanged my bunk, AT&T-supplied iPhone for a new, perfectly functional model. NOT bad.

wilbmeister

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2008
Can you buy the Apple Care Plan when you buy an iphone and does it cover it in all circumstances? (...falling in water, dropped, cracked screen, etc)

Would it be better to put it on as a rider to my homeowners insurance?

What is the most economical way to cover my phone?

Thanks!

iHerzeleid

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2007
Can you buy the Apple Care Plan when you buy an iphone and does it cover it in all circumstances? (...falling in water, dropped, cracked screen, etc)

Thanks!

Applecare does not cover "accidental" damage. Might as well put the iPhone on your homeowners insurance, shouldn't cost much to insure it anyways.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT

Thanks!

Apple Care Plan does not cover any of what you mentioned, it only extends the current warranty of the iPhone. If you are concerned then I would recommend a rider on your insurance policy.

Mine is $32 per year on my renters insurance through State Farm, there is no deductable because it is a rider.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
Apple Care Plan does not cover any of what you mentioned, it only extends the current warranty of the iPhone. If you are concerned then I would recommend a rider on your insurance policy.

Mine is $32 per year on my renters insurance through State Farm, there is no deductable because it is a rider.

Just read the fine print and make sure there is no deductible, as sometimes there's a deductible for homeowner's claims. It's better to do your homework than have to pay out of pocket anyway.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD

Thanks!

AT&T offers a service for like $5/month that covers you against dropping, water damage, accidental damage, and even losing the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.