Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
I want to know if anyone uses version cue here? I started looking at the tutorials on lynda.com and it seems like something that is useful too me but i leaves so many unaswered questions. They seem to show it as only useful with indesign, does anyone use it with photoshop?

the other question i have is they don't explain too much, does it copy the file, so does that take up more space, if you delete a layer in on of the versions does that reflect in all versions? How does it work if you're migrating computers. lets say you store all your files in version cue server, how easy is to get to them? if you stop using version cue what happens to those files?

i3iz

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2005
great thanks i totally had not thought of looking there. btw this answers none of my questions.

I personally don't use it. I use Save As and then Package the final version and burn it all to DVD for an archive. If i had more designers and we shared files, i would more than likely be using it. It is extremely robust, but i would rather not have my own computer serving version cue. I need all the horsepower i can get when designing banners and laying out books.

You alone?
You on Leopard? (I'm thinking of time machine as it does hourly backups of files)
Got a good offsite backup system? (e.g. External FW 400 or 800 + SuperDuper)

I would put my energy into these first and foremost.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
I don't use it because it slows my system down to a crawl, plus I'm the only one working on 99.9% of the stuff I do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.