Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Mar 4, 2008, 07:15 PM   #1
tonee

iPhone is disabled , Connect to iTunes

I found an iPhone at the park and I looked at it and it tells me to connect it to iTunes but when I connect it , the iPhone says

"iTunes could no connect the iPhone "name's iPhone" because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."

I tried putting in a passcode but I guess I tried too many times so now it just goes to emergency number.

I don't know what to do now? Is there any way for me to "master reset" the iPhone and get it to work again?

Please let me know.

( I didn't know who to give the phone to since I was at the park and no one was around so I jsut took it )
tonee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 07:19 PM   #2
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
Take it to your local police station, they may be able to track down the owner, or take it to an Apple Store or at&t store because they should be able to contact the owner.

Don't try to break in, you could end up locking down the phone for 11+ years (as one person had done with their iPod touch I saw at an Apple Store in Tigard, OR).

TEG
Old Mar 4, 2008, 09:31 PM   #3
tonee

How would they be able to contact the owner of the phone? You can't even go to any menus on the phone.
tonee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:06 PM   #4
NeoMayhem
macrumors 6502a

You can put it in DFU mode and restore it with iTunes, removing the password.

But since it isnt yours, you should hand it over to the police.

Quote:
How would they be able to contact the owner of the phone? You can't even go to any menus on the phone.
The IMEI number and serial number are in the Apple database, and because you have to pay for iPhones with a credit card, they can track down the owner. ATT could also identify the owner by the code on the SIM card.
NeoMayhem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009, 09:38 AM   #5
Lupii
macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, but the iPhone is really mine.

I've seen how to do the reseating thing on itunes, but i don't want to lose all my contacts and information. what shall i do?
Lupii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009, 09:47 AM   #6
ouimetnick
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to ouimetnick Send a message via Yahoo to ouimetnick Send a message via Skype™ to ouimetnick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupii View Post
I have the same problem, but the iPhone is really mine.

I've seen how to do the reseating thing on itunes, but i don't want to lose all my contacts and information. what shall i do?
If you sync iPhone with iTues regualry, it backs up all of you data like contacts an more. So if the iPhone I really yours, put it into DFU mode and restore. Then click rstore from back up.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks