Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matt01792

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Hi,

Basically I have the Windows Macromedia Web Design Studio (an old edition though - FW4, DW4, Flash5 etc.) and I'm going to buy an iBook.

I have no spare money to purchase the Studio for the Mac or VirtualPC or whatever M$ call it either.

Is there any way I can use them on a Mac? Or does anyone know where I can get a really cheap FW4 and DW4 (I'm in the UK so if it's a website they must ship there)?

Thanks,
Matt.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Re: :( Is there any way I can do this...?

Originally posted by Matt01792
Hi,

Basically I have the Windows Macromedia Web Design Studio (an old edition though - FW4, DW4, Flash5 etc.) and I'm going to buy an iBook.

I have no spare money to purchase the Studio for the Mac or VirtualPC or whatever M$ call it either.

Is there any way I can use them on a Mac? Or does anyone know where I can get a really cheap FW4 and DW4 (I'm in the UK so if it's a website they must ship there)?

Thanks,
Matt.
The only way to run windows software on a mac is using virtual PC - but it's runs like a dog on a G3 ibook...dunno about G4. If you're a student then you can get the macromedia studio for £235. DW MX2004 is £99 for students from the Apple education store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.