|Mar 4, 2008, 11:05 PM||#1|
How to transfer music from PC to iPhone?
I just got an iphone and i downloaded itunes. Then i put all the music i want in the LIBRARY. Then i right click on MUSIC in itunes in iphone and click SYNC, but nothing happens?
I tried disconnecting then again, but still nothing
Is there another software beside itunes for transfering music?
|Mar 5, 2008, 05:26 AM||#2|
By default iTunes won't be set to synchronise your music with the iPhone. In iTunes select the iPhone via the menu on the left (if it isn't already) and then click the Music tab at the top of the main window. Then set it to synchronise (either all or just the folders you choose). Then when you click Sync it should copy the music across.
Hope that helps.
iPhone 5S 64GB (3UK) iPad Mini Retina 64GB WiFi
|Aug 24, 2011, 08:36 PM||#3|
When i click on my iphone in itunes, i hit the music tab. I use to be able to drag files from my pc over to itunes. Now I have a circle with a line through it. Wont let me move music. Any ideas why??
|Sep 27, 2011, 03:02 PM||#5|
Also, the OP wanted to know how to add music to their iPhone from a PC and the article you posted is how to transfer music from your iPhone to your PC (the opposite).
|Sep 29, 2011, 04:24 AM||#6|
Mac to Iphone/Ipod/Nano music transfer
I had an Iphone with my music on it. I 'borrowed' someones apstore account to purchase something and ended loosing the music on the phone (Don't ask me how - it takes talent)!
So to get music from my Mac, where it was backed up or originally located, I did this:
1. Plugged in Iphone to Mac
2. Go to Itunes on Mac
3. Make a playlist with name you like - I called mine 'Afternoon Music'
4. Go to Library/music in Mac Itunes
5. I wanted to copy everything so selected all the music (you could do individual songs/albums if you like and this is a a good test of the transfer)
6. I dragged music to the playlist I made in step 3.
7. Then.... I dragged and dropped the Playlist on top of the iPhone icon on listed as a device for iTunes.
8. I listened to my music again on my Iphone using the Ipod ap.
Works Great. Very simple for me. Next time I want to share my music I'll just drag and drop my playlist.
|Apr 1, 2012, 05:43 PM||#9|
THE EASY WAY... to transfer music from your pc to your iPhone
What you will be doing is transferring your music from your computer (pc) to iTunes and then from iTunes to your iPhone.
1) Open iTunes, click on 'File' at the top of the window and from the drop down pane select 'Add File to Library' if you want to add just one song or 'Add Folder to Library' to add a number of songs contained in a folder.
2) From the 'Add to Library' window (that just popped up) select the file or folder that you wish to place in the iTunes music library by highlighting it and clicking on the 'Select Folder' button at the bottom of the window. (For clarification: Your song(s) will now be in iTunes in the 'Music' folder under the 'Library' heading. If your iPhone is already plugged into your computer and you click on 'Music' under the 'Library' heading in iTunes a window may pop up suggesting something to the effect of, things have changed and would you like to sync - select ok and the job is done.)
3) Plug your iPhone into your computer, if you haven't done so already, highlight your iPhone under the 'Device' heading, then select 'Music' from the top bar.
4) You can now choose to transfer (Sync) your 'Entire music library' (best choice) or 'Selected playlists, artists, albums, and...' to your iPhone by checking off your choice and then clicking on the 'Apply' button at the bottom. NOTE: If you chose the 'Selected playlists, artists, albums, and...' then THAT IS ALL you will find on your iPhone.
Last edited by graydonreid; Apr 1, 2012 at 07:33 PM.
|Apr 27, 2012, 10:18 AM||#10|
Music from PC to iPhone4 - file format error
I am trying to transfer a lot of music from my PC to my iPhone4. Some of it transferred into iTunes without issue but most of it I receive an error message "...songs in protected WMA format...". All of these are from original CDs that I own but I really don't want to have to install them to transfer to my iPhone. Does anyone know know how to easily (even with 3rd party software) get around this? I've read a lot of forums but no one has mentioned this specific issue. Thanks for any help!
|Apr 30, 2012, 06:35 AM||#11|
How to transfer music from pc to iphone?
Just connect your iPhone to pc and open the iTunes then go to the option showing [add file to library or add folder to library in file option] on your left side of the desktop screen and click on apply and then sync.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Transfer music from iPhone to PC?||nope7308||iPhone||6||Dec 19, 2013 09:23 PM|
|Transfer Music from old to new iPhone||yehgermeister||iPhone||3||Dec 2, 2013 07:14 PM|
|Transfer music from iPhone to ..........||AztecKing||iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||4||Oct 29, 2013 12:36 AM|
|Transfer music from iPhone to Mac||mayakukla||iPhone||12||May 31, 2013 02:17 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.