Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Mar 4, 2008, 11:40 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Caris cuts Apple 2008 EPS view, target

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Caris cuts Apple 2008 EPS view, target
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Mar 4, 2008, 11:46 PM   #2
killerrobot
macrumors 68020

Wow. It's hard to believe that four months ago the stock was higher than what they're saying its target price is going to be.
killerrobot is offline   0
Old Mar 5, 2008, 05:39 AM   #3
elppa
macrumors 68040

Quote:
have a higher smartphone market share than Apple as Research in Motion has more carriers, better technology and more phones
Well RIM have more carriers and more phones, they are also in more countries. But market share isn't everything and Apple makes significant profits on each iPhone sold, even if it is unlocked.

The idea RIM have better technology is highly debatable. They may be better an some things, but I don't think the overall value of their platform is equal to that of OS X.

Blackberry aren't keen to put up too many screenshots of their UI or show you how there phones work, unlike Apple who have reams of screenshots and videos. I was able to find these though:

It's not exactly Quartz and CoreAnimation is it? So from a UI/User Experience perspective, RIM don't have the better technology. Or if they do have an amazing 2D compositing engine and a layer based animation framework behind these screen-shots, then they're obviously not putting it good use.

I'm not a RIM basher by any means, I know they are valued by business the world over, but if some analyst tells me RIM have “better technology” then I'm forced into have point out the obvious in the interests of balance.

If I wanted to bash RIM, I could have put that maps client side by side with Apple's Google Maps Client or that media player side by side with Apple's iPod coverflow software.

Last edited by elppa; Mar 5, 2008 at 05:46 AM.
elppa is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion