Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apthai

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
I just purchased the MacBook last week and so far everything has been great! I've done all the update through the Software Update. Is there any other update that I should do?

I was browsing around here before I got the MacBook and remember reading something about keyboard firmware fix and a couple other things. Didn't see this in the software update so I'm just wondering.

apthai

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
I purchased it on Feb. 29th. Is there anyway I can check to see if I need it? Thanks.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
I just purchased the MacBook last week and so far everything has been great! I've done all the update through the Software Update. Is there any other update that I should do?

I was browsing around here before I got the MacBook and remember reading something about keyboard firmware fix and a couple other things. Didn't see this in the software update so I'm just wondering.

I just got mine also and I did about 17 updates and each time I ran them some more showed up. Apple must sequence them. Anyways the very last update I had was the keybd firmware update.

If it doesnt show I would check your system profile as you may already have the latest firmware. I wouldn't d/l it and install it before checking to insure you don't already have it. Firmware can be a touchy thing. Your call and my 2 cents!;)

MM07

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Go to the spotlight and type in keyboard.

My top hit was built-in keyboard firmware.

Click it.

Mine came up "your keyboard firmware is up to date."

What does yours say?

I hope this helps.

apthai

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
Interesting, I ran the Software Update and only got about 7 Updates... Is there something wrong with my MacBook? This is my first Mac and still learning my way around. How do I check the firmware of the keyboard? and what is the new firmware level at? Thanks.

apthai

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
Go to the spotlight and type in keyboard.

My top hit was built-in keyboard firmware.

Click it.

Mine came up "your keyboard firmware is up to date."

What does yours say?

I hope this helps.

I just did this and mine doesn't give me anything.

My top hit was the link to the keyboard firmware website...

MM07

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I would just try the link I provided. If you're up to date, it will tell you.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
Interesting, I ran the Software Update and only got about 7 Updates... Is there something wrong with my MacBook? This is my first Mac and still learning my way around. How do I check the firmware of the keyboard? and what is the new firmware level at? Thanks.

No I doubt anything is wrong with your mac book. Mine was a refurb and probably hasn't been updated for awhile so I needed more updates. I did as the above poster said and I also got the same msg using spotlight which stated my keybd firmware is up to date. Try it! It works!;)

apthai

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
Cool, just downloaded it and as it went to update it said I did not need it. Thanks for your help.

Any other update I should know about? I feel left out since DaBrain had 17 updates. hehe.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
Cool, just downloaded it and as it went to update it said I did not need it. Thanks for your help.

Any other update I should know about? I feel left out since DaBrain had 17 updates. hehe.

If nothing shows up you should be good to go--)) Have fun and enjoy your new mac book--)) I could always send ya my old updates or a couple gigs of files if you are feeling left out--))) :D

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005

OS X's built-in software update utility is very good. If it says that you're up to date, then your OS and Apple-produced software (iLife, iWork, Pro apps) are up to date. Third party apps however and you're on your own. Like on Windows, many apps have built-in options for checking for updates. And there's always macupdate.com...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.