Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Closed Thread

Old Mar 5, 2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Adrien Baker
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Adrien Baker
Design Books

I used to be heavy into Web/Graphic design...I did it for a living at one point and eventually got burned out on it. I've recently sparked the interest in it again and have purchased myself copies of Illustrator and Photoshop CS3.

One thing I've finding is maybe I'm not so creative as I once was, for whatever reason.

My question is do any of you have recommendations on design books and other things that help get you going or to spark your creative side? I'm not looking for guides on how to use this software, but things to use a muse so to speak.

Adrien
Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:10 PM   #2
tsd
macrumors regular

Welcome back!

Anything from Before and After Magazine (www.bamagazine.com) is always inspirational to me, including a recent purchase of mine, "Graphics For Business", a book written by one of the main B&A guys.

I also subscribe to the free Graphic Design USA (aka GDUSA) magazine (www.gdusa.com).

Package Design Magazine (www.packagedesignmag.com) is nice sometimes, especially when you need ideas for a package design.

Layers Magazine is great for tutorials and to a lesser extent, design ideas. (www.layersmagazine.com)

Designing Identity, by Marc English is an endless source of inspiration for me with logos and corporate identity.

Hope those lead you down some good paths!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:18 AM   #3
iGav
macrumors G3

See here.
iGav is offline   0
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:20 AM   #4
edesignuk
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGav View Post
See here.
Closing because this thread seems to cover everything!

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics