Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Oct 30, 2003, 01:22 PM   #1
Sultan
macrumors newbie

Please Help me I don't know where else to turn!!!

Hello, well I just purchased a brand new powerbook, a 15 inch, and i know that it should have ALS for the keyboard, the thing is, that the ALS won't automatically adjust the illumintation for my keyboard, I think it used to, until I manually pressed the F10 button (to increase the illumintation manually) and ever since then it stopped working!!! I get a light and all but it won't adjust automatically, I've tried going into the system preferences and I entered the keyboard preference and I turned the option off and then back on for illumination, and then I did the same thing for the display, btu it still won't work...SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE!!! I'm so lost...
Sultan is offline   0
Old Oct 30, 2003, 01:47 PM   #2
idea_hamster
macrumors 65816

Interesting.

Do you have a toll-free phone number in UAE for technical support? This sounds like a perfect time to call Apple and ask them directly.

If you can't call them, let me know and I'll call for you -- I know someone who just bought a 15" and she can ask them the questions. (It'd be good to know if there's some sort of bug in the system for us too.)
Old Oct 30, 2003, 01:57 PM   #3
Sultan
macrumors newbie

No we don't actually, I purchased my laptop by ordering it from a local dealer and waiting two weeks for it to arrive!! I can always call them myself, is the number always 1800sosapple? What sucks is that I'll have to pay international calling charges for the call, and who knows how long they'll have me waiting!!!
Sultan is offline   0
Old Oct 30, 2003, 02:23 PM   #4
jxyama
macrumors 68040

a bit off topic, but it's usually hard (may be impossible) to call an U.S./Canada 800 number from abroad. i never managed it when i was in europe.

i'd suggest emailing or going to Apple's discussion board online. a lot of people go there to discuss problems. (but given the general level of users, you may find MR to be more helpful than Apple's.) otherwise, i'd find a support number of a country that's a bit closer and not toll-free... Israel, maybe?
jxyama is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers