Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Mar 7, 2008, 05:50 PM   #1
R.Youden
macrumors 68020

Hypothetical OSX Server question.

OK, seeing this new OSX Server forum has got me thinking...

I used to have a mac mini connected to my TV instead of an TV as it gave me better options with respect to viewing live TV (through eyeTV). In the end things got very messy when recording TV shows and putting them onto the mini and my Mac Pro (if I wanted them on my iPod for example) so I ditched the mini and do everything off my Mac Pro and hardly ever watch my main TV now.

So anyway I got thinking about using OSX server. If I have my Mac Pro and mini connected to a server and have them able to share a media drive would they automatically be able to update each other, i.e. I record a show on my Mac Pro, import it to iTunes and then play it in Front Row on the mini?

As I type this the more and more I think that an TV is the best solution. The only downside is that I have an only CRT TV with composite input and no HDMI or component inputs so I can't hook up an TV.

Looks like I am saving up for a new TV then!
R.Youden is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking