Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Mar 8, 2008, 04:45 AM   #1
timmillwood
macrumors 6502a

I want to make an RSS reader app but dont know how

I am a PHP programmer by day but a apple geek by night.

I want to make an app with the new [iPhone] SDK to view RSS feeds. It will flag when there is new news like safari does.

Last edited by Mitthrawnuruodo; Mar 8, 2008 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Added a clarifying detail after moving the thread to the Programming forum...
timmillwood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2008, 05:35 AM   #2
MacDonaldsd
macrumors 65816

if you wanted to do it for the Mac OS (Desktop) you would use the PubSub framework, but I don't think its available on the iPhone but I may be wrong.

RSS are just XML files so your have to find a way of reading them in and checking if there updated.

Have you checked dashcode that has RSS functionality for iPhone in the form as a web application.
MacDonaldsd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:08 PM   #3
kainjow
Moderator emeritus

You need to start learning Cocoa, and download the SDK and read through the documentation so you can get a sense of how it will be done.
kainjow is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming