Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Oct 30, 2003, 07:23 PM   #1
Fall
macrumors member

Powerbooks and PB Displays - WORLDWIDE SHORTAGE

So, my third display for my 15.2" was being delivered, now I'm told to wait A MONTH for it to come.

I ring apple, there are no powerbooks in the entire world apprently.

I'm not waiting another 4 weeks for another faulty display. I'm not waiting another 4 weeks for another built to order 15.2" combo model either.

I'm pressing for a 15.2" Superdrive model delivered to my door in a week, that's all I'll accept...

So yeh, worldwide shortage you guys.
Fall is offline   0
Old Oct 30, 2003, 10:00 PM   #2
willmg
macrumors member

Yeah it sucks my PB has been in for 2 weeks with Applecare. They told me 5-7 day turn around then when I called said no LCDs availible......well I kinda need the computer why did you tell me that I'd have it back!!!!! Now supposedly its in line with a batch of powerbooks ready to be fixed with a new shipment of LCDs.....hmmm do I believe them this time?
willmg is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers