Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback

Old Oct 30, 2003, 07:24 PM   #1
jbembe
macrumors 6502a

recommendation organizer

How about and automatic playlist feature that will list every song that other people suggest with the songs you have recommended?

You could have another list with If you like this song, then these songs recommended on songs that others recommended first and that you recommended later.

That way I could access others' recs for songs I like easier!
jbembe is offline   0
Old Oct 31, 2003, 03:05 AM   #2
arn
macrumors god

Send a message via AIM to arn
Re: recommendation organizer

Quote:
Originally posted by jbembe
How about and automatic playlist feature that will list every song that other people suggest with the songs you have recommended?

You could have another list with If you like this song, then these songs recommended on songs that others recommended first and that you recommended later.

That way I could access others' recs for songs I like easier!
I didn't follow this entirely...

but basically, a large cross referenced list... find all songs that are 1 degree of seperation from you?

Joe recommends XYZ
Pete recommends XYZ, ABC

Joe wants a list of all songs he's recommended and Pete's recommended, and anyone else who's recommended XYZ has recommneded?

(confusing )

Yes... we can do something like this... but I have to think it through... as people start filling up their rec lists, it can get interesting.

arn
arn is offline   0
Old Oct 31, 2003, 08:31 AM   #3
jbembe
macrumors 6502a

Yeah that's the general idea, sorry.

Let's say I'm the first person to rec 10 songs.

For those 10 songs, 5 people also rec them and gave 20 if you like this song try these songs recs.

That way instead of having to view every single song I've rec'd I can have an automatic bookmark type list of other's recs for the songs I like.

You could have similar lists with songs that have comments, etc.
jbembe is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback