Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aerove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
hey ppl .. apple's opening up a whole string of retail stores in india in collaboration to a indian company called reliance( HUGE firm) .. The one i went to was in Hyderabad , india !! its friggin awsome to have a apple store finally in my city! here are few of de pics.. unfortunately the aint allow me to snap inside cause its supposedly against their rules !! well i ended up buyin a sleeve for my mbp.. They've even got the macbook air too !

Attachments

• DSC04764.jpg
    DSC04764.jpg
    630.4 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC04765.jpg
    DSC04765.jpg
    476.1 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC04766.jpg
    DSC04766.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC04768.jpg
    DSC04768.jpg
    571.3 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC04769.jpg
    DSC04769.jpg
    652.3 KB · Views: 132

aerove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
well yea.. but its exclusively apple and the store is designed as any other apple store :D and apple is supposed to have some kinda collaboration wit these guys.. and yea it does say premium reseller..

anyways the thing is these guys have everything !!

Seems like everything is outsourcing to India. I know it's a retail store, but in my career, a lot of companies outsource there. That's why I was saying what's next.

heh heh .. as far as i'm concerned outsourcing sucks man! the customer support is real crap ..

http://www.tech2.com/india/news/general/reliance-digital-to-open-60-istores-across-india/30771/0

IC3D

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2008
Fairfield County, CT
heh heh .. as far as i'm concerned outsourcing sucks man! the customer support is real crap ..
My point exactly. I have no issue with any other of the countries, JUST INDIA! lmao

I have been on the phone with a bunch of reps, supervisors, managers etc, BASED IN INDIA, and they are total morons.

I know a lot of intelligent indians, but hey, these call centers and outsourcing spots, a lot of them are the runt of the litter if you know what I mean! ;)

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
well yea.. but its exclusively apple and the store is designed as any other apple store :D and apple is supposed to have some kinda collaboration wit these guys.. and yea it does say premium reseller..

anyways the thing is these guys have everything !!

so does my reseller "Next Byte" down the road but its still not the real deal.

Draddy

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2007
Seems like everything is outsourcing to India. I know it's a retail store, but in my career, a lot of companies outsource there. That's why I was saying what's next.

Tell me how in the world a retail store is comparable to outsurcing?

Plus outsourcing is not really a threat anymore since the dollar fell like 25% compared to rupies, as well as indians finally realized they were getting ripped off.

IC3D

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2008
Fairfield County, CT
Tell me how in the world a retail store is comparable to outsurcing?

Plus outsourcing is not really a threat anymore since the dollar fell like 25% compared to rupies, as well as indians finally realized they were getting ripped off.

I'm not comparing I'm generalizing. That's all.

aerove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
so does my reseller "Next Byte" down the road but its still not the real deal.
yep dats wat i mean ! u hav one down the road :D we had none till now :rolleyes:

My point exactly. I have no issue with any other of the countries, JUST INDIA! lmao

I have been on the phone with a bunch of reps, supervisors, managers etc, BASED IN INDIA, and they are total morons.

I know a lot of intelligent indians, but hey, these call centers and outsourcing spots, a lot of them are the runt of the litter if you know what I mean! ;)

i get ur point dude.. the people who work there are barely grads .. they end up there cause most of them might have no other option..

MacPM8

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2008
nice to see apple getting larger in india wonder if they will also have tech support there

Storm9

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2007
Actually it is pretty much an apple store, due to local regulations you have to partner with indian companies. Its the same thing in China. The inside is pretty much an apple store. Although I am not sure about the prices electronics in India are like 50% more than USA.

aerove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
yep .. thats the sad part .. the prices are premium compared to the actual price in us.. but that said its part fault of the govt.. cause of the import taxes and stuff. the mbair costs around $2300

Soundie

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2007
It seems to be a lot of negativity going around here though I can´t see why. I think its awesome, applestore or not: they sell apple products and they are spreading the love :D Good stuff indeedey

aerove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
hey one observation i had was .. the shop was filled !:eek: its great cause apple doesnt advertise here in india.. if apple goes mainstream here .. surely the % of mac users will skyrocket! ..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.