Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elgrecomac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
San Diego
In Word or Powerpoint on a PC you can scan an image directly into a doc or presentation (Insert Image from Scanner command) but I can not see how this can be easily done on a Mac using MS word or powerpoint 2007. In fact I can't see how to do it easily with iWorks.

Any help is appreciated.:confused:

elgrecomac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
San Diego
Got an answer from Microsoft

Redmond said that the feature existed in the prior version of MS Office for the Mac but was NOT kept in MS Office 2008. So to Microsoft I say

F@$ you very much....:mad:

webraider

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2005
Don't Recall

I'm sorry, but I don't recall that feature EVER appearing in Word. There is also no way to do it from in iWorks. In order for it to work, the program has to be twain compliant such as Photoshop Elements or Presto PageManager etc... Those programs and an "Acquire Image" and will link directly to the scanner. Alas I don't know too man programs that support it. It's not really a big deal however, because all you have to do is save the image from your scanner to your desktop.. and then just drag it into the program where you want it. Both iWorks and Office support dragging and dropping of images from any location.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.