Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Mar 10, 2008, 08:15 AM   #1
wolfpackfan
macrumors 65816

How to prepare iPhone for sell?

If you read a previous post of mine, you saw where I have canceled my AT&T contract. Don't get me wrong - I love my iPhone and even liked AT&T. But the fact is I have another year left on a 4 phone Sprint contract and am just tired of paying that extra $66 a month for my iPhone AT&T contact. I really can't get out of the Sprint contract - the cancellation fees would kill me. I know I will be paying a cancellation fee to AT&T, but it is far offset by the monthly fee.

From what I've read, now that my iPhone doesn't have any service, I won't be able to upgrade to 2.0 in June. That means I won't be able to install any of the new apps. This is disappointing to me. So I am considering selling my iPhone and buying a Touch. Then when I can get out of my Sprint contract, perhaps they will have released the next gen. of iPhone and I'll switch all my phones over to AT&T then.

So my question is - how do I prepare my iPhone for sell? Right now it is completely usable except it has no phone service. Would a buyer want it in that condition or should I do a complete restore, which would require the buyer to activate it in iTunes?

Thanks for any advice.
wolfpackfan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone