Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJJONES

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
Newengland usa!
i have a questions for the experienced mac users.

can you run audio programs on xp or vista on a mac?

so in other words if i buy a macbook pro and install windows vista or xp and install sony acid pro or adobe audition will it work on the macbook pro? thanks!

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Runs fine, although it would be completely pointless when you have OS X at your disposal (which handles music software/creation much much better than Windows).

DJJONES

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
Newengland usa!
Runs fine, although it would be completely pointless when you have OS X at your disposal (which handles music software/creation much much better than Windows).

true but its unfortunate that some manufactures dont make all there software for both windows or mac. i use acid pro 6 as my tool of choice but there isnt any mac version out. but mayb 7.0 will solve that issue.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Doubt it. Acid has been PC based for years and years. Logic does everything Acid can do, and a million times better.

Acid DJ 2.0 was the first piece of software I made music with. Looking at it now, I haven't a clue how I ever managed to do anything, but you've gotta start somewhere I suppose.

Get Logic. The timestretching is better, the pitch shifting is better, and it does all the things Acid can't (of which there are a LOT).

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
eh, just change your software.
ive been using cubase on Windows and i switched to OS X and consequently logic pro. i cant say i regret it...
im not even using windows anymore

DJJONES

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
Newengland usa!
Doubt it. Acid has been PC based for years and years. Logic does everything Acid can do, and a million times better.

Acid DJ 2.0 was the first piece of software I made music with. Looking at it now, I haven't a clue how I ever managed to do anything, but you've gotta start somewhere I suppose.

Get Logic. The timestretching is better, the pitch shifting is better, and it does all the things Acid can't (of which there are a LOT).

i though logic was liek protools kind of programing. hrrrmz i will try logic it looks greatt anyways thanks for de tip boss man!

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Logic isn't like ProTools when it comes to programming.

It's just a more complex interface than Acid - which you'll get used to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.