Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joefinan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Kingston-Upon-Thames, UK
I've got a Humax PVR which, at the moment, if I want to get the video onto my MacBook Pro, I need to copy onto DVD using my Sony recorder, finalise the disc and then use handbrake to get it into my computer.

I really want to do away with the DVD recorder bit - does anyone know of a good way to do it?

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Isn't the HUMAX a TiVo? Or is part of a Cable Box? If it is the first option, just get toast and a network adapter for it and transfer the files that way, then Toast can convert them to any format (nearly). Otherwise you are stuck doing it the way you are doing it.

TEG

joefinan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Kingston-Upon-Thames, UK
What's a TiVo? It's not a cable box, but it's similar I think. It's a digital terrestrial hard-drive recorder, but has only analogue outputs.

I was wondering, I guess, if there's a way of getting analogue A/V into my MBP (in real time, obviously).

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
TiVo is a Major stand-alone PVR Company in the US, Canada, Mexico, and UK. They have several manufactures that make compatible systems, including HUMAX.

As for analog in, there are several adapters for RCA (and maybe SCART) inputs to a Mac via USB or Firewire.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.