Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Mar 12, 2008, 07:19 PM   #1
jalbro
macrumors newbie

iPhone SDK: What about syncing with desktop ?

I've downloaded the SDK, and poked around the documentation, but can't find any mention of syncing. I guess you could send the info to a webserver, but geesh.

If you build a to-do app, and want a desktop version, how do you get the data to the desktop?

Is your only option to jailbreak?

Thanks!

-Jeff
jalbro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 08:48 PM   #2
HiRez
macrumors 601

Yeah, I haven't seen any mention of this and it seems like a major oversight if it really does not exist. My guess is that eventually there will be an API for it, bit who knows when that will be. As I recall, the desktop sync API took a long time to show up after it was available as a .Mac feature. There may be security or other issues they need to work out too.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming