Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
There is already a thread with the same title, i did a search and it came up with that thread but while the person had the same problem as me. Nothing that was suggested had worked.

My finder isn't running, all i have on my screen is 12 icons and those are all Apple products. I cannot access the finder nor reboot it or reload the machine and expect it to magically work.

The last thing that happened was when i were using iPhoto and it crashed on me, i force quit it then relaunch the finder, rebooted and have lost everything.

I have repiared permissions and done a archive and install but the problem is still there. I will try the firewire disk mode when i meet my friend who has a mac but if he isn't in (hardly ever is) then i am screwed for college on monday.

So any help is much needed.
Thanks

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
Well it seems that my tinkering has done some good. If anybody loses their finder, just create a new user and grant yourself the same rights as the admin and make a backup of your stuff and then format and install.

Bah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.