Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bootsie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Utah

VenomousSVT

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
i picked up some smokin buds to use while riding the harley.. even though i own a pair of sure's and my zune2 headphones these smokin buds are great headphones for the money!!!!

amanda kathryn

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2008
i would just spend the extra $5.

i have the skullcandy lowriders, basically just for the plane and stuff. nothing spectacular but good for the money.

VenomousSVT

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I think the ink'd buds are the smoking buds replacement. Both are hood though

the inked are just another version of the smokin buds.. i just checked their site and they list their fullmetal jackets which I also looked at, however they have a version that has a mic built in for the iphone! looks like i will be grabbing a set of those up pretty soon

Bootsie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Utah
I got the Smokin Buds ($15), and I really like them.

I would like to know if any of you have cut the insulation on these earphones to make them work without an adapter on the iphone. How much does it need to be cut? Thanks :)

VenomousSVT

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I got the Smokin Buds ($15), and I really like them.

I would like to know if any of you have cut the insulation on these earphones to make them work without an adapter on the iphone. How much does it need to be cut? Thanks :)

you must have gotten the old versions of the headphones... the new smoking buds have an iphone friendly connector.

but with cutting you typically only have to trim 1/8"

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
Ive seen the skullcandy package that says "works with iphone" so Id assumed the jack fit. My question is about the wires. Is 1 earbud on a shorter wire than the other? My wife had an old pair of SC earbuds and they were like this. I HATE earbuds that have 2 different lengths on the wires.

Bootsie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Utah
Ive seen the skullcandy package that says "works with iphone" so Id assumed the jack fit. My question is about the wires. Is 1 earbud on a shorter wire than the other? My wife had an old pair of SC earbuds and they were like this. I HATE earbuds that have 2 different lengths on the wires.

Mine are not like that, they are the same length.

I didn't even check the packaging to see of they work with the iPhone ha ha, I just assumed that they didn't. I don't have the iPhone quite yet, so hopefully they will just work when I get it.

Palanka

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2010
Great buds

I like the monster in-ear bud style headsets..a little on the pricey side.. but great sound and features

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.