Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ktalebian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
Hi there!
I was wondering if it is possible to connect wireless mighty mouse to Windows XP! If so, how?

Thanks

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
I haven't had much luck getting it to work in Bootcamp, but it works just fine when I start up my Bootcamp XP partition in Fusion.

ktalebian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
Yeah, I read that somewhere too, but I already have stuff installed on XP, and I do not want to uninstall it. Hopefully a driver will be available soon!

himansk

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2006
I use the bluetooth mighty mouse without any problem when I do boot into windows. Just go into the bluetooth devices section and follow the instructions to search and connect to the mouse.

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Yeah, I read that somewhere too, but I already have stuff installed on XP, and I do not want to uninstall it. Hopefully a driver will be available soon!

You can point Fusion or Parallels to run your Bootcamp partition too. You don't have to uninstall or reinstalling anything.

dorrik

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2008
Somerset
Bluetooth mouse in xp

I've got a similar problem but with a Microsoft bluetooth notebook mouse, it was recognised immediately by OS X and works great, but I can't get it to work in bootcamp (XP), it conneects but it is not set up as mouse. I connected a friends logitech mouse in bootcamp without a hitch but I didn't try it in OS X. I tried installing Microsofts intellipoint drivers to no effect (Apart from intellipoint constantly crashing in vmware:( ).

jcgnu

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
It perfectly works and the installatin is pretty straight-forward.

Just double click the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar and look for the Mouse. When it discovers it, it'll prompt you for a NIP or code thing... It's 0000.

After that, the computer does the rest of the job.

It's very simple actually.

ktalebian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
Alright, I got it to work, except that now, everytime I restart, I have to refind the mouse and it reinstalls the driver! Why??

Thanks

dorrik

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2008
Somerset
I screwed up my bootcamp partition after trying to remove parallels tools. During re-installation of windows xp in bootcamp my bluetooth mouse automatically connected and worked fine, after installing the bootcamp drivers, I had to add it manually through the bluetooth settings but it remained connected when I restarted bootcamp. After adding vmware tools the mouse no longer connects in bootcamp even though it is still there as a device in the bluetooth settings, its quite frustrating.

So it looks to me like vmware tools is interfering with bluetooth in bootcamp, but I can still add the logitech bluetooth mouse without issue.

To my mind if one works surely the other one should to.

nylock10

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2006
Is anyone having the slight problem of having to click the bluetooth mighty mouse/keyboard a few times for it to connect?

I couldn't find any sort of "auto-connect" setting in Bluetooth Device control panel, maybe you guys could point me in the right direction.

C130

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2008
I know this is probably a stupid question but how do you go in and add the wireless mouse if you can't get the mouse to work in the first place? I tried to install Windows XP with Bootcamp on my mother in laws iMac and after the install I can't get the mighty mouse to work. Any suggestions? Do I have to use a wired mouse to manually go in and add the bluetooth mighty mouse?

Supaklaw

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
NYC
Yes, you use a wired mouse if the wireless mouse doesn't work... unless you are telekinetic or are NEO and can mentally enter the machine code world. :)

You also must make sure you installed Bootcamp correctly, because you need to update your Apple software within Windows, as it downloads Bluetooth drivers that autoconnect the keyboards and mice. After that, if it still isn't recognized you have to pair the devices from the Bluetooth menu, and in my experience you need to do that 2 or 3 times before it takes. (first won't see it, jiggle the mouse until it sees it, pair it... repeat until it properly saves the settings).

But most of the time, in XP 64-bit anyway, it recognizes it immediately without any installation.

djwobble

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Virginia Beach, Virginia

Just double click the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar and look for the Mouse. When it discovers it, it'll prompt you for a NIP or code thing... It's 0000.

JUST incase anyone else was having this issue i would say that this is the BEST resolution. God knows i can't find my mighty mouse info booklet now!

Thanks OP!

Mcchicken

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2009

Thanks, the passcode IS 0000. I tried creating my own but it won't work cuz it say it won't connect to my mouse. However when I tried 000, it connects!!! thanks buddy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.