Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Nov 2, 2003, 12:14 AM   #1
Dahl
macrumors 6502a

Monitor power cords and other annoying problems

I just got my G5 and I'm happy to say goodbye to my good old G3.

But it seems my monitor set up is giving me somee trouble. I used to have a dual monitor set up with the G3 and would like it with the G5 as well.

* My main monitor right now is a 17" Apple Studio display and it gets it's power from my G3, I thought I just could put it in a powerstrip, but the molding on the cord only fits the back of my G3. I want to get rid of the G3, but now the G3 works as a power source and nothing more.

* My other monitor is an old Apple 1710 or something. I know what I have to do wwith that, get a ADC-VGA adapter. But they are not common anymore, so most places here don't have them in stock.

I am planning on getting a big LCD screen one day, but I would like to wait a bit until Apple udgrades them.

Should I just buy a cheap LCD ?
Dahl is offline   0
Old Nov 2, 2003, 07:50 AM   #2
Dreadnought
macrumors 68000

I am still working on my old G3 B&W and also have 2 CRT monitors. I also want to upgrade to a G5 and am also looking for a good way to keep my two displays. Unfortunately my old second graphics card (33 mhz) doesn't fit in the new g5 1.8 I want...

Does anyone have any suggestions how to get those 2 crt monitors on the digital lcd ports apple is using now?? Or is it just better to get an retail ati graphics card with normal ports on them?
Dreadnought is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers