Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dobiewonkanobie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
I'm an industrial design student who can't decide. Like the threads for 15 vs 17in MBP, I can't decide between a 6x8 or 6x11. My friend has 6x11 and says its kinda big and he doesn't use all he space, but then again he's not complaining. I'd be using CS3, and Solidworks primarily at this point. The largest drawings I do get printed out at 18x24. I feel like a 6x9.5 would best!

Any thoughts from others and they're experiences use one or both sizes?

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
Get the larger one, bigger in the case of graphic tablets is definitely better.
Only choose a small one if desk space is limited .. :)

Sorry meant to say I use a Wacom A4 tablet with Photoshop CS3

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
I'd go with the 6x11, because it more closely matches your screen's aspect ratio.

agree go for the widrescreen assuming its for the laptop in your sig.
However it may be worth considering the a6 wide (the smallest wide one whatever that is in inches). Don't pick the graphics tablet because of the work you do, pick it to suit the screen its being used with. :)

kingslod

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2002
Portland, OR
6x8

The resolution of the 6x8 is fine, and your arm/hand don't have to travel as much. As someone who does graphics 8+ hours a day, the less your arm and wrist have to travel the better. Carpal Tunnel is not fun!

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA
Both can be adjusted to fit your laptop screen, but if you have an external screen that is 22" +, I'd opt for the 6x11 (which is what I have). That 3 extra inches is not going to give you carpal tunnel syndrome hehe. Make sure your setup is ergo-correct, and take plenty of breaks to prevent CPS, regardless of what you use. Good luck to you.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Well I've had the 6x8 Intuos 3 before and I'm much happier with my 9x12. Both can be adjusted/set to your screen size or your working space but I'd go with the 6x11 and then setup your corners once you get it. As an off topic item those hot keys on the side of the tablet are very nice to use on either one ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.