Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:31 PM   #1
eyeburn
macrumors newbie

xcode+ ssh + g++ on remote machine

Hi,

I am currently using xcode to do my programming projects. However I am using it as a text editor only. I am currently using transmit to auto upload my new files to my school's server then compiling on my school's server using an ssh terminal.

I was wondering, is there a way to set up xcode such that it uses my school's g++ compiler instead when I build projects? Can anyone point me to a good guide to read on how to do it? I would like to use some more advance features of xcode such as stepping through my program and checking memory leaks.
eyeburn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 07:43 AM   #2
ScoobyMcDoo
macrumors 65816

What is your target machine/OS?
ScoobyMcDoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 03:24 PM   #3
eyeburn
macrumors newbie

Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 5 (Tikanga)

rubric% g++ -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: x86_64-redhat-linux
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-checking=release --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-libgcj-multifile --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++,java,fortran,ada --enable-java-awt=gtk --disable-dssi --enable-plugin --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-1.4.2.0/jre --with-cpu=generic --host=x86_64-redhat-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14)
rubric%
eyeburn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 05:07 PM   #4
rev316
macrumors regular

Since xcode creates builds w/ GCC, and thats just the collection w/ G++. Normally I don't have any trouble working w/ the GCC and moving my work over to the Red Hat server.
rev316 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming