Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Mar 15, 2008, 03:27 PM   #1
timware
macrumors newbie

GUI for password-protecting multiples sites on Leopard Server?

I'm running Leopard Server 10.5.2, and hosting multiple sites all set up as subdomains of one domain.

I can password protect the individual sites via the terminal, creating .htaccess file and htpasswd files, but this is fairly time consuming.

Does anyone know of a GUI app for setting up password protection?

I haven't found anything in the Server Admin app that does this.

Thanks.

Tim
timware is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 11:50 AM   #2
Darth.Titan
macrumors 68020

You might try installing Webmin on the server. It can make some command line server-oriented tasks simpler, and it seems to work well enough with Leopard. I haven't tried it with Leopard Server though...
Darth.Titan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking