Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
An adventure game type thingie.

Nothing massively challenging (brain not big enough) but sufficiently challenging to last more than one afternoon.

tominated

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2006
Queensland, Australia
An adventure game type thingie.

Nothing massively challenging (brain not big enough) but sufficiently challenging to last more than one afternoon.

well, you could install crossover so you could get steam. The you could get portal through steam. If you want (highly recommend it), you could get it in the orange box (half life 2, both expansion packs, Portal, Team fortress 2) which is really worth it.

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
well, you could install crossover so you could get steam. The you could get portal through steam. If you want (highly recommend it), you could get it in the orange box (half life 2, both expansion packs, Portal, Team fortress 2) which is really worth it.

Not really adventure games :rolleyes:

But you could follow that Crossover advice and try to get the new Sam & Max games from Telltale Games to run, there are a bunch of episodes but you can get the entire Season 1 plus some video content for $30.

http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax

byocrysis

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2007
San Luis Obispo, CA
I love the Monkey Island series as well. If you have an intel mac and can run bootcamp, may I suggest The Longest Journey. It is a great adventure game, although a little dated. Lucas Arts, the creators of Monkey Island, also came out with a slapstick adventure game a while back called Grim Fandago, might want to check that one out as well. In addition Bone: The Great Cow Race is a good adventure game for the PC.

soms

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2007
Seattle
I love the Monkey Island series as well. If you have an intel mac and can run bootcamp, may I suggest The Longest Journey. It is a great adventure game, although a little dated. Lucas Arts, the creators of Monkey Island, also came out with a slapstick adventure game a while back called Grim Fandago, might want to check that one out as well. In addition Bone: The Great Cow Race is a good adventure game for the PC.

2nded on Grim Fandango and The Longest Journey (great game!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.