Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drivefast

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
hi everybody,

does any one of you know where the iphone's phone number is stored? it shows up on a grayed bar on top of the phonebook page, but i had no luck finding it inside the address book database. i doubt it's accessible from the SDK as it is now, but i can probably hack it out from somewhere. maybe the mobile phone or sms applications settings store it?... thanks.

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
hi everybody,

does any one of you know where the iphone's phone number is stored? it shows up on a grayed bar on top of the phonebook page, but i had no luck finding it inside the address book database. i doubt it's accessible from the SDK as it is now, but i can probably hack it out from somewhere. maybe the mobile phone or sms applications settings store it?... thanks.

It is stored in the SIM card.

drivefast

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
ew... thanks, this is definitely the best place to get it from. but whatever method i use to get the number for now, it will eventually have to be ported into the official sdk. i've a feeling apple is not going to like apps looking directly into the sim. somehow i would think the phone number must also be somewhere in a file...?

mzichao

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2008
I'm interested as well!

ew... thanks, this is definitely the best place to get it from. but whatever method i use to get the number for now, it will eventually have to be ported into the official sdk. i've a feeling apple is not going to like apps looking directly into the sim. somehow i would think the phone number must also be somewhere in a file...?

I can't find any iPhone API to retrieve iPhone phone number neither. Anybody knows a way to get the phone number?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.