Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 16, 2008, 02:35 PM   #1
cleo
macrumors 65816

Keynote Masters - text boxes

I'm new to Keynote/PP, but not to desktop publishing.

I'm trying to create a master slide with a placeholder text box, such that when text is input into the box in a slide, it flows downward like any regular text box in any other app on earth. That is, I want the top-left coordinate of the text box to stay the same, no matter how much text I put in. As it is, the text boxes seem anchored at their vertical midlines, so that large amounts of text cause the box to expand upwards, obscuring whatever is above it. I totally understand why this might be preferable in some situations, but not mine.

Please advise... I'm going nuts here.
cleo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 08:42 PM   #2
shwc
macrumors regular

To get a text box that behaves the way you describe in keynote...

1) select the text box (or create a new one),
2) open the inspector,
3) select the "T" tab,
4) select the "Text" subordinate tab,
5) under the "color and alignment" section are three boxes (far right) with arrows, select the box with the arrow pointing upwards.

From there you save as a master or apply your changes to a current master (neither of which I know how to do exactly, but it sounds like you do). If need be, I think I can figure out how to make the slide a master slide.

Last edited by shwc; Mar 16, 2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: added some text for clarity
shwc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store