Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
This is gonna sound like a total noob question, but I was in Mail a few days ago, and I wanted to write some measurements to a friend.. so I was looking to write for ex:

100m² (ie, 100 square metres).. but i couldn't figure out how to get the squared bit (ie, the small raised "2")..

i went into special characters, but couldn't really see anything..

in outlook 2003, i have just gone into insert symbol and picked the symbol with ease (and just pasted it in the above example)..

any help most appreciated..

thanks

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
They are there (in the Character Palette) under Numbers and Number symbols (or whatever it was called):

_Skjermbilde 1.jpg

...but I was a bit disappointed about the lack of a superscript option somewhere under Format... :(

DharmaShanti

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2014
To square it

The characters menu that is activated with "ctrl+cmd+space" allows access to a "superscript 2" (²).

if the "Digits — All" category isn't in the left-hand column, click the gear icon, then select that — adding it to the list.

...Then you can add the "superscript 2", in "Digits — All", to Favorites, so you can access it a little more quickly.

Just double click it to place into your text.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.