Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ausdave

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Hi All.

I need a new interface to get audio in and out (only need stereo each way) of my Al iMac.

Just wanting some advice on whether I'd be better getting an ADDA converter... in particular this...

http://www.smproaudio.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=44

Or whether i'd be better getting a firewire audio interface, such as the Motu UltraLite (or something similar... the choice in this area is phenomenal as apposed to my last interface purchase about 6 years ago).

Correct me if i'm wrong, but my instinct says go for the ADDA as I don't have to worry about driver problems etc, and its also 24bit /192kHz.

I will be mainly using it for producing electronic music (so don't need inputs for that as everything is software based, but need to get audio out to my studio monitors), but also need to digitize a substantial part of my record collection (for DJing)... although i'm not looking forward to the last part... man is that gonna be time consuming, lol.

Oh, and yes I have a small soundcraft mixer with RIAA eq to get the phono to line level, and also if I decide I ever need a few more inputs.

Thanks, in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.