Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
Hello!

I have been lurking around here since November and finally made my mind up to buy the macbook pro 15'. I live in Spain and would like to buy the laptop with a Swedish keyboard.

Apple Spain can not supply me with a Swedish keyboard.
Apple Sweden will gladly ship the laptop to me here in Spain but they won't let me configure it. Since I want to have the glossy screen and 250GB HD I can't order from Sweden either.

Would there be anyway I can order this laptop with a Swedish keyboard without going to Sweden?

Any input appreciated.
Thanks.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Apple Sweden will gladly ship the laptop to me here in Spain but they won't let me configure it.
Did you ask if they'd reconsider if you paid by cheque, wire transfer or post giro (UK terms), or rather "check eller via elektronisk överföring eller bankgiro" (Swedish terms)?

I don't know, but Apple Store Norway will ship abroad only if payment are other than Credit Card: "Produkter som betales med kredittkort, kan ikke leveres til adresser utenfor Norge" (Norwegian terms).

Those slighly different terms across Europe are a pain... :(

macthille

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2007
Sweden
Hello, weird that they won't let you configure it..

I don't have any good ideas.. Do you think it's possible to order it and have it shipped to a family member or friend in Sweden (if you currently have any here) that you trust, and then get them to send it to you?
I don't know if that will work... It's quite messy.
I'm sure you've already thought about that.

:S

edit:
Mitthrawnuruodo got a smarter solution if it works :p

deadpixels

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
try an apple authorized reseller in Spain, it shouldn't be a problem, my brother ordered a Macbook with U.S keyboard in France without any problems (just took longer to get it).

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
And I had a friend who got the local apple store here in NYC to replace his brand new US keyboard with a Swedish one when he bought it. They had to order the part, but it was no problem at all. I'd suggest going to a service center and asking them to order the part.

aigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
Mitty said:
I don't know, but Apple Store Norway will ship abroad only if payment are other than Credit Card

That sounds strange, but I will try it. Thanks.

Hello, weird that they won't let you configure it...

Yes, it surely is frustrating when swedes can configure it but they won't let me do it just cause I live outside of Sweden:confused:

try an apple authorized reseller in Spain, it shouldn't be a problem, my brother ordered a Macbook with U.S keyboard in France without any problems (just took longer to get it).

Well, you can always order the keyboard in English even here in Spain but its another thing with swedish keyboard unfortunately. I tried Apple here in Spain and they can't help me.

And I had a friend who got the local apple store here in NYC to replace his brand new US keyboard with a Swedish one when he bought it. They had to order the part, but it was no problem at all. I'd suggest going to a service center and asking them to order the part.

Thanks, thats one way I guess, but it would be kind of a hassle for me here in Spain since I don't talk that much Spanish. So frustrating not to be able to order this in a easier way, can't see what the problem is for Apple.

Anyone have a email address to some higher rank Apple person I could contact? Thanks

Hm, that didn't come out right:confused:
I knew I shouldn't have tried that multi quote thing:)

Tweak3D

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007
I had a very similar problem here in the US. I am a german student and therefore wanted a german keyboard for my mbp. I looked for months and couldn't find one. Finally I found an e-bay seller who had them and most other languages. He was really nice and provided quick shipping. now here is the catch, the first 2 keyboards had quircky problems with them and required being replaced. This seller did it w/ shipping for free. now I have a brand new working keyboard. if you want his info let me know and ill grab it for you.

-Justin

aigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
I had a very similar problem here in the US. I am a german student and therefore wanted a german keyboard for my mbp. I looked for months and couldn't find one. Finally I found an e-bay seller who had them and most other languages. He was really nice and provided quick shipping. now here is the catch, the first 2 keyboards had quircky problems with them and required being replaced. This seller did it w/ shipping for free. now I have a brand new working keyboard. if you want his info let me know and ill grab it for you.

-Justin

Thanks but I'm afraid I'm not brave enough for Ebay. I would like to buy from Apple directly. I could never have imagined that a company like Apple have this kind of a service? So frustrating, I want this macbook pro so much now after playing with it in the shop for hours, its so nice.

I wonder if there is anybody I could contact at Apple to get help with this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.