Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AliensExist4

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Hi,
I'm looking into getting an external for my Macbook Pro and my 160GB Hard Drive is half full and I got it 6 months ago..... I'm going between the Glyph 050Q ED or the Western Digital 500GB Studio Edition ED. The Glyph is $400 for the 500GB and the WD is $200 for their 500GB. Anyone have any personal experience with either. I'll be using the External Drive for mainly audio files through Logic Studio. Any info would be great. Thanks,

-Patrick

DJJONES

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Newengland usa!
Hi,
I'm looking into getting an external for my Macbook Pro and my 160GB Hard Drive is half full and I got it 6 months ago..... I'm going between the Glyph 050Q ED or the Western Digital 500GB Studio Edition ED. The Glyph is $400 for the 500GB and the WD is $200 for their 500GB. Anyone have any personal experience with either. I'll be using the External Drive for mainly audio files through Logic Studio. Any info would be great. Thanks,

-Patrick

i think the glyph is a rip off. i have a lacie hd that is just as solid built the whole case is made of aluminum and u can also get it with firewire ports. for about 300 bucks. just in case your wondering i been using myne for over 3 years with NO PROBLEMS. not even a 1 crash or spec of lost data. i paid 380 for myne 3 years ago with usb 2.0 500 gb. check newegg.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.