Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 17, 2008, 06:56 PM   #1
dudeofblokes
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to dudeofblokes Send a message via MSN to dudeofblokes Send a message via Yahoo to dudeofblokes Send a message via Skype™ to dudeofblokes
iphone contacts sync problem

hi everytime i sync my iphone out of 40 contacts in addressbook it syncs only 26 yet they are perfectly normal entries no mistakes just name and number.

has anyone else had this problem or know of a fix?
Old Mar 17, 2008, 07:01 PM   #2
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
Sounds like you don't have iTunes set to transfer all your contacts, only a particular group.

TEG
Old Mar 17, 2008, 07:04 PM   #3
dudeofblokes
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to dudeofblokes Send a message via MSN to dudeofblokes Send a message via Yahoo to dudeofblokes Send a message via Skype™ to dudeofblokes
nope....

there is no groups its setup to sync all contacts
Old Mar 17, 2008, 07:06 PM   #4
dudeofblokes
macrumors regular

ahh....

i created a group and synced it and it worked so deleted it and they stayed, thanks dude
Old Mar 19, 2008, 06:45 AM   #5
RobColorado
macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem. I have a new IMac and IPhone. I imported 25 contacts to address book from outlook (with a memory stick). I added another 30 manually. However my IPhone only shows 35 contacts. The only group which shows in address book is the imported contacts.

ITunes is set to synch all contacts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Rob
RobColorado is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 09:36 AM   #6
dudeofblokes
macrumors regular

hi rob

what i did was made a group in address book and copied all my contacts into it, went to itunes and told it to sync selected groups with my iphone they synced together and once on iphone i deleted the group and changed itunes to tell the iphone to sync all contacts and they were there
Old Mar 19, 2008, 10:17 PM   #7
RobColorado
macrumors newbie

It worked great. Thanks very much.
RobColorado is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2009, 06:02 AM   #8
UncleheFTy
macrumors member

Duplicate entries in Contacts on 3GS

For some unknown reason when I last applied 'Sync' my contacts file on my 3GS contained duplicates of every entry. Is there any way this can be corrected, short of pressing 'delete' for all 1100 entries?

Help please?

Uncle H
UncleheFTy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting