Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 18, 2008, 05:40 PM   #1
Dany M
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Dany M Send a message via MSN to Dany M Send a message via Yahoo to Dany M
How can I prolong nano's battery(3rd gen)

So for my b-day(yesterday) i got a nano and i am so glad, its perfect, i want to see video but the classic is to big for my needs and so...

After doing some research online i heard that the battery goes out before 2 years, and that it is really key to preserve your nano's battery so i am wondering, what can i do in order to make this battery last before i would have to replace it? Also does it just short out or is there a small decline in full charge>
Dany M is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 05:46 PM   #2
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
In 2 years you will have 80% of your battery left. The batteries of the 1st thru 3rd Gen were notorious for failing due to the manufacturer, it has been fixed for the new ones.

TEG
Old Mar 18, 2008, 05:49 PM   #3
JG271
macrumors 6502a

Always charge to full, only charge when there is little or no battery left.
There is a good article here: http://www.macworld.com/article/5020...yplaylist.html
JG271 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 05:58 PM   #4
ntrigue
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ntrigue
This is NOT a concern. First of all, you're gonna want the newer better version in a few months. Secondly, my Video is 3 years old and I am still thoroughly pleased with the battery.

-Keep charge between 20-80% at all times
-If you use it down to 95% DO NOT plug it in just to get that 5% back
-Minimize playback below 20% battery life
-Use playlists to get more efficiency from the battery (the Nano likes to expect what songs it can play next
-Keep screen brightness low
ntrigue is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod