Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

new-Mac-owner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Today I bought the iphone and tommorw Im getting a T-mobile plan but what should I get just t-zones? and download the software.Also when the bill comes does it show all your text messages or just show how many where used cause I text alot and dont wanna see what I said everyday:apple:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I couldn't get the T-Zone hack to work, so I had to go with the T-Mobile Total Internet plan. Cost more but convenient since I can use the WiFi at Borders and Starbucks. I even was at a hotel for a seminar that was a T-Mobile Hotspot.

Hope you get yours working...

liquidlink

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago, Illinois
I used ziphone 2.5 to unlock and activate the iphone for my girlfriend asa b-day present, she is on t-mobile. I added t-zones to her account and used the hacks and she has everything working perfectly. I read in other posts that people could not get it working but I had no problems.

Good Luck

AMoeini

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2007
It shows every single text, sorry.
I'd go with Total Internet and not risk the chance the T-Zone hack doesn't work. But up to you, 5.99 to 19.99 per month is a big difference. Get the T-Zones, try the hack, if it fails once or twice then switch to total internet (Just Call 611 from your phone. They have reps available to help you and set up the server address and whatnot.)

Hope this helps.

new-Mac-owner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Well got all hacks done and bought t-zones and it works fine expect youtube no big deal,other than that it works good.

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
No need for the YouTube activation hack, I didn't need it. EDGE is really slow when using YouTube though so I wouldn't recommend it unless with WiFi.

mpb

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2008
I phone & Verizon

I have a treo. Would love an iphone. No go with Verizon so I understand. Also has anyone heard when iphone will add an infra red eye to their phone. I am a realtor and the treo with infra red will open my supra lockboxes. It is nice not having to carry two remote gismos. Any input will be appreciated.

new-Mac-owner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
I have a treo. Would love an iphone. No go with Verizon so I understand. Also has anyone heard when iphone will add an infra red eye to their phone. I am a realtor and the treo with infra red will open my supra lockboxes. It is nice not having to carry two remote gismos. Any input will be appreciated.

Not that I know of but you cant go wrong I was in your seat a few weeks ago its worth the switch.:apple:

intoxicated662

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2008
Overall, you and anyone else with an iphone is better off with T-Mobile. I am paying $66 after tax for a plan that has a few more minutes, more text messaging, unlimited web use with tzones and all. Oh yeah, alot better reception too.

new-Mac-owner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Overall, you and anyone else with an iphone is better off with T-Mobile. I am paying $66 after tax for a plan that has a few more minutes, more text messaging, unlimited web use with tzones and all. Oh yeah, alot better reception too.

yea, t-mobile is very good and Alot cheaper than at&T :apple:

shantae23

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2008
need help

i recenltly purchased the iphone for t-mobile, but the edge network t-mobile gave me won't let me connect to the itunes store so i can't get ringtones, i also wan't to know if there is anything i could do to hack up the volume on the phone for my ipod. If anybody could give me some advice on how to do that it would be very nice. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!:confused:

JBaker122586

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
Wait, if you didn't have T-Mobile, why would you switch to it to get an iPhone?

You like the hassle of having to unlock and re-hack your phone anytime Apple updates the software?

Bootsie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
Utah
i recenltly purchased the iphone for t-mobile, but the edge network t-mobile gave me won't let me connect to the itunes store so i can't get ringtones, i also wan't to know if there is anything i could do to hack up the volume on the phone for my ipod. If anybody could give me some advice on how to do that it would be very nice. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!:confused:

You can't use iTunes over AT&T edge either, it is a wi-fi only app.

HeidelbergHero

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2007
do my faves work when using iPhone on T-Mobile?

I am thinking of using the unlock and going to T-Mob? Anyone have billing specifics or know where I can find step by step instructions?

new-Mac-owner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
I am thinking of using the unlock and going to T-Mob? Anyone have billing specifics or know where I can find step by step instructions?

Maybe,And Its very easy to do Are you using mac or pc?,After you buy the phone you can Pm and ill help you.:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.