Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shecky

Original poster
May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
i am wondering if anyone has any opinions on Capture One Pro vs. Adobe Camera RAW 4.

I only shoot a few thousand exposures a year, but when i have used Capture One i quite liked it, however when i already have Camera RAW 4 that comes with Adobe CS3 i am not sure what i am really gaining by going to Capture One, other than the interface (camera profiles? better workflow?) I come from a film/art photography background so the finer points of RAW are still a bit lost on me.

Most of my RAW images come from either a Canon 400D Rebel or a 1Ds Mk III. for purposes of this thread i am not interested in Lightroom or Aperture.

jtblueberry

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2007
Pismo Beach, CA
I just switched from capture one to lightroom a few months back. I used Capture One for years and really liked it.
I have been happy with Lightroom's image quality which is the same as adobe camera raw...I believe. It is faster and passed up capture one in features imo, which is why I switched.
I think the biggest factor that you need to consider is how many raw images you prosses at a time. All the programs seem to have great image quality, however, Lightroom is faster than Capture One and Capture One is faster than Camera Raw. If you don't process very many images Camera Raw is probably good enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.