Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

satyam90

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Bangalore, India
Hi, Recently I got a Mac Book Pro to work in office.
It is having Mac OSX Tiger installed.
But I found that Script Editor, Automator, DVD Player etc are not available. I am having Mac OSXTiger CD. Can anyone tell me how to install the above said 3 components on my Mac Book.
It will be of great help if anybody can respond to this.

satyam90

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Bangalore, India
Hi richthomas,
thanks for your suggestion. can you pleasae clarify me whether the users and mail accounts added/created etc will be there or not. I have so many pics(jpg's), pdf's etc available on my Mac. Will they be erased or not? I don't want them to be erased.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
Archive and Install Support Article said:
If you select "Preserve User and Network Settings," these items are preserved in any Mac OS X version (10.2 or later):

• Home folders in the Users folder

this means that if you tick the "Preserve User and Network Settings" your whole home folder and other home folders there are in the Users directory will remain preserved.

as Mail's account settings are in the home folder your mail account and emails and any other files you have stored in your home folder will be preserved.

if you have any important files that you want to keep i would store them in your home folder before the Archive and Install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.