Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MFslacker22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
Ive JB'd my pod to 1.1.4 and everything was working fine. If i use it for a long time it gets pretty warm, then freezes and when i reset it, it has the plug into itunes picture. This has happend twice and i had to re-jail break it each time. Is there any way to avoid this?

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Ive JB'd my pod to 1.1.4 and everything was working fine. If i use it for a long time it gets pretty warm, then freezes and when i reset it, it has the plug into itunes picture. This has happend twice and i had to re-jail break it each time. Is there any way to avoid this?

Restore and be careful, because i have seen on engadget.com that some iPod touches have been catching on fire. If you restore back to a non-jailbroken iPod touch and it still gets hot, take it to the apple store, or else you will have a crispy iPod...and if it catches fire and they investigate and see that it was jailbroken then they won;t give you a free replacement...

BassistKing1

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
Restore and be careful, because i have seen on engadget.com that some iPod touches have been catching on fire. If you restore back to a non-jailbroken iPod touch and it still gets hot, take it to the apple store, or else you will have a crispy iPod...and if it catches fire and they investigate and see that it was jailbroken then they won;t give you a free replacement...

im sure if it catches fire (IF it even does..) that they will have a hard time telling it was jailbroken, if they can even access it. besides, jailbreak is just software, so ur warrenty should still be fine, and if you've already restored it, then the installer and other stuff will be gone.

MFslacker22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
it doesnt get that hot, just a little warm, then if i play a game or somthing it will freeze if i press the buttons too fast, then need to be restored.

PACMAC

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
it doesnt get that hot, just a little warm, then if i play a game or somthing it will freeze if i press the buttons too fast, then need to be restored.
mine get warm if i charge it from my macbook but when i charge it from ac its not that warm..are you charging it from computer or ac?

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
im sure if it catches fire (IF it even does..) that they will have a hard time telling it was jailbroken, if they can even access it. besides, jailbreak is just software, so ur warrenty should still be fine, and if you've already restored it, then the installer and other stuff will be gone.

Jailbreaking voids the warranty big time!! You are cracking their software, how does it not void it haha...But you can restore and the jailbreak goes away...

MFslacker22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
so what your saying is if you guys play a game on your pod for like 30 min it doesnt get a little hot down by the bottom?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.